Wednesday, September 24, 2008

[Anime Review] Azumanga Daioh


Azumanga Daioh

"One of the most hilarious anime out there" -bezoe

Azumanga Daioh is about high school life through the eyes of six girls with unusual personalities: Chiyo (the 10-year-old genius), Osaka (the resident airhead), Sakaki (the shy one prone to cat bites), Tomo (the loose cannon), Yomi (the short-tempered one) and Kagura (the resident jock). (ANN)

I dunno why i don't like this anime when I watched it 5 years ago, but now I enjoyed it every bits of it! I mean, now I can see how hilarious the story is and everyone background story. I like how they show everyone background stories and also their distinctive habit.

Character design probably not the prettiest out there, but somehow I fell in love with a lot of the characters. Most of the character are very simplistic, and looks like ordinary anime character, but the personality of each characters really stands out.

Animation is not the best around because there is a lot of repetition, however the way they use the recycle animation part was really clever. Its like you know they only repeat the animation, but it actually serve the purpose of what the animator want to show the humorous part.

I love the OP ost but not too much with the ED ost. I guarantee you will love the OP ost after atleast you listen to it 3 times...

Bottomline : If you like Lucky Star, I will 100% guarantee you will like this one aswell.

Overall Rating : A

Favorite Characters:

#1. Sasaki-san ( Cool girl FTW)























#2. Kagura
(I usually don't like Tan girl.. but this girl is cute, plus I love her voice =D)






















#3. Chiyo Mihama
(Well... she obviously need to be in the list...and I don't think I need to explain the reason.. right?)





















#4. Minamo Kurosawa
(Sporty teacher)















#5. Koyomi Mizuhara
(Mature looking girl? sure!)

4 comments:

John B said...

Yeda can recite all of the dialog from this series, in Japanese. I swear she is learning Japanese just from watching this over and over.

Bezoe said...

omg lol,
The only part that I really remembered is the Chiyo's cooking song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reJFCM632jU

John B said...

The use of timing for comedic effect is amazing. It reminds me of the Simpsons in that respect.

The manga is really good too. It's drawn in 4-panel strips, like a daily comic strip, but there's a creative use of connected narrative.

Bezoe said...

I have not check the manga yet, probably I will find it somewhere when I get a chance =D

since I'm watching a lot of anime right now hehe