Wednesday, July 16, 2008

[Anime Review] Fate/Stay Night


Fate/Stay Night

"Awesome, I wish its longer tho..." -bezoe

Shirou Emiya lost his parents in a fire when he was young and was later adopted by a sorceror by the name of Kiritsugu Emiya. Although he was full of admiration for his adopted father and yearns to become an ally of justice, Shirou has limited powers and was unable to become a strong sorceror like his father. That is until one fateful day, he was drawn into the Holy Grail War and had to summon a female "Servant" known as Saber in order to protect himself. It turns out that the Holy Grail War involves a series of battles among powerful sorcerors to fight for the possession of a relic that will grant one's wishes, the Holy Grail. There are altogether seven "Masters" who can summon their respective "Servants" from different classes known as Saber, Archer, Rider, Berserker, Lancer, Caster and Assasin. These "Servants" have to hide their names in order not to reveal their weaknesses to the enemies. The story revolves around Shirou and his entanglement in the Holy Grail War.

First word, Wow! I totally into these anime from the start. It really sucked me in into the story and the action. The story line was very interesting, and I really love how they made this anime into a really enjoyable one to keep watching. I just wish the anime is longer tho.

The Character was pretty original in my opinion, as well as their characteristics. The action was superb, a lot of fast pace action that can makes you hold your breath. The Animation was great, especially the cloth and hair animation. Overall graphic was great but not the best in my opinion.

OP & ED ost (including the last ep ED) was very good, I love it. Oh I need to mention also that I love the fighting grunt(scream?) of Saber, it felt very game quality.

This is one of the anime that you should not miss. I totally recommended it, especially if you an action anime fans, if you not, you still probably going to love it I guess, since its good in most of the anime aspect. Straight into my favorite anime.

note : *Tiny spoiler* The ending made me cry :(

Overall Rating: A

Favorite Characters:
#1. Saber (instant favorite)

#2. Rin Tosaka (a very close to become number one actually)

#3. Illyasviel von Einzbern (omg the name..jk - kawai :3 )


Special Recognition
#1. Archer (wish I had a servant like him, wise and noble)

#2. Assassin (honorable fighter)





No comments: