Thursday, July 17, 2008

[Anime Review] Kannazuki No Miko


Kannazuki No Miko

"Gundam-like with Yuri? interesting" -bezoe

The highborn Himemiya Chikane is cool and aloof, the perfect young lady of good breeding. Kurusegawa Himeko is devoted to her, and secretly her friend. Their lives are undisturbed in their school, until an ancient evil suddenly rears its head. To combat it, Chikane and Himeko must take on the roles of shrine maidens of the Moon and Sun.

Good things this Yuri type anime did not scare me away like the last one, probably that is the 1st things that comes to my mind after I finished the series. The storyline was really interesting at least in my opinion, but I felt theres couple of plot holes in the story at the beginning of the series, plus there's lack of characters backgrounds, most of the enemies background only got like 1 flashback for the entire series. But fortunately, I like the Yuri love story on this one, its like we can really feel the character feelings.

Action scene was pretty plain and generic, the battle and also the mechas/robots design was just ok. Think about it sort of like Gundam and add a bit of magical elements. The animation was pretty choppy both for the battle scene and also the standard scene.

Character was an OK design, not so great but not bad either. Its a type of characters that probably I will forget in a month because of the lack info regarding the characters background. But I must admit its pretty tho...

OP and especially ED ost was very addicting. I love most of Kotoko anime ost songs (after listening to the OP & ED, I try to find who's the singer and I just realized that most of my favorite anime ost was by Kotoko)

Bottom line, I like the anime and I will recommend for Yuri lover, but for Mecha lover, don't expect too much, just enjoy the story :)

Overall Ratings: A--
Favorite Characters

#1. Chikane Himemiya (Very Noble)

#2. Corona
(I wish we get more background about her)

No comments: