Thursday, July 10, 2008

[Anime Review] Strawberry Panic!


Strawberry Panic!

"Let just say, I don't like the themes" -bezoe

Aoi Nagisa transfers to a new Catholic girls only school and discovers a community of fellow students entwined in an intricate heirarchy, at the top of which sits the all important Etoile. In order to fit in, Nagisa must go to class, join clubs, and make new friends. Meanwhile, Shizuna Hanazono, the Etoile of the school, finds herself drawn to this new, exciting transfer student. As Shizuna and Nagisa get to know eachother, Shizuna finally decides it is time to face her troubled past.
Nagisa Aoi is a first year high school student who has been sent to the Astraea Dormitory after her parents are transferred abroad. The dormitory houses girls from three different girls' schools: St. Spica's Academy, St. Le Rim Girls School and St. Miatre Girls Academy. There she meets the representative of the three girls' schools, Shizuma Hanazano, also know as the Etoile, who is beloved by all students at all schools. The two of them have an interesting first encounter and Hanazano seems to take an instant liking for Aoi. (animenewsnetwork)

Oh dear oh dear, I don't know how should I review this one. First I realized that Yuri theme doesn't fits me at all. Secondly, I barely pay full attention to the anime after 8 episodes (yes I did finished the anime... but not enjoy it at all- just for the sake of reviewing), and third, I guess this is a totally Shojo genre.

Animation was pretty standard for a 2006 (or 05 maybe?) production. The storyline was pretty self explainatory, but too girly for my taste (yes I know its Yuri). The drama and tragedy in the series seems a bit corny. Eventhough its an anime with full of girls, it is very hard to point out which one is my favorite character.

Bottom line, if you are a Yuri genre fans, then I guess this one will fits you really well (I saw a review on other webs, most of it gave a pretty decent score). If you a Harem fans, I don't think you will like it.

Overall Rating: D++

Favorite Characters:
#1. Kagome Byakudan (I guess the Teddy Bear wins my heart)

#2. Chikaru Minamoto














#3. Kizuna Hyuga


#4. Shizuma Hanazono (yes she got charisma indeed)



No comments: