Friday, July 11, 2008

[Anime Review] Lucky Star


Lucky Star


"entertaining in every aspects" -bezoe

Portrays the lives of several school girls attending a Japanese high school with a very loose humor tone. The main heroine is Konata Izumi, an athletic and intelligent girl who, despite these attributes, is not in a sports club, and her grades remain low. Her laziness at school is due to her love for anime and video games, and she is not interested in much else.

Finally after a pretty *cough* boring *cough* anime that I watched before this one, Lucky star were very entertaining in every aspects. Even though the storyline very light, but the way that they presented it made everything "A" quality humours. Every jokes were hilarious, every scene (even its only like a 10 seconds random scene) were made on purpose. And most of all, I love how they use a lot of other anime/manga references and intergrating into the jokes.

Animation wise was ok, not the best I ever seen, but I don't really care in this case, cause I enjoy watching it without ever thinking about the animation part (which is good btw, if the story sucked you in then you won't even remember to pay attention into the technical parts)
Character wise was splendid, especially for the main girl (Konata), her characteristic was unseen before~.

Bottomline, This is a must seen anime BUT, I recommend you to watch a bunch of other anime in order to get some of the joke in this anime. Yes this one going straight to my favorite anime list.

Overall Rating: A

Favorite Characters:

#1. Minami Iwasaki (beyond coolness)

#2. Kagami Hiiragi

#3. Yutaka Kobayakawa

#4. Nanako Kuroi (I can't imagined if I had a teacher like her :3 )


SPECIAL RANK!
Konata Izumi (Without u theres no Lucky Star ^_^) (plus I love her personality - feels like somehow related to me muahaha)

No comments: