Monday, July 7, 2008

[Anime Review] Rozen Maiden


Rozen Maiden

"Not my favorite, but I like the ending" -bezoe


Due to a deep trauma at school Sakurada Jun has refused to return. He spends his time in his room, surfing the web and ordering anything that takes his fancy, only to return the items just before payment is due. One day, he finds a web site that tells him to put his order in a drawer of his desk. He does so thinking it to be a joke, only to find that the letter disappears and a strange package arrives soon afterwards. It contains an exquisite doll, that, when wound, comes to life. She treats him as a servant of little worth, but over time helps him come to grips with his fears and in the life-or-death fights that soon follow her arrival.

I don't really like the main idea of the story, but after I watched for 4-5 episodes, then I start to enjoy the series a bit. It seems like a generic fight between "good and evil" type of anime at the beginning, then it start to get more serious on the later of the episodes. But I love the ending of the series, especially for the Suigintou backstory.

Animation wise and graphic was pretty good. The shading of the clothes, the fighting sequence and the dream sequence, all are well made.

I don't really like the OP and ED ost at all though, but I love the "battle theme" ost (the one where Shiku fights Suigintou)
Update (09-03-08) : I take back my own comments, OP and ED pretty enjoyable after a while, now I'm the song become one of my regular playlist =p

Its hard to make this anime my favorite, but I still say I like it especially because of the last episode. Recommend to watch it if you like something with mystic event.

Overall Rating: B++

Favorite Characters
#1. Souseiseki

#2. Suiseiseki
(desu desu)

#3. Shinku ( I prefer when she not wearing her hat actually)

#4. Suigintou

#5. Tomoe Kashiwaba

No comments: