Monday, July 21, 2008

Dango and Daifuku

Finally! for the 1st time I will try Dango and Daifuku that I just bough last night at Ranch99

There's a reason that made me buy this pretty expensive japanese sweet treats (Daifuku around $1.9 and 3 Dangos for $3.5) I don't remember the exact price but I consider pretty expensive.

Want to know the reason =D?
If you read my Anime review Clannad, then you know that I love that Dango songs so much, thats the basically the reason I bough Dango. I know theres like a bunch of type of Dangos out there, and the one that I be able to get it was "Kushi Dango Shoyu" and I really hope its good~~

And the reason I bough Daifuku was... anyone can guess? its also from anime =) . Its from anime Da Capo basically, if you watch the anime or read the review, then you know that the main character, Jun'ichi Asakura have an ability to create Wagashi (read more about wagashi at wiki). And Daifuku is one of the Wagashi type (correct me if im wrong). I bough 2 types of Daifukus, The one that I will eat it now is "Daifuku Mochi Kusa" and the other one on the fridge I forgot the name, but its a pink color.

Here is the pictures of Kushi Dango Shoyu

Daifuku Mochi Kusa




I will post the result of the taste in 1/2 hours I suppose


UPDATE

I just tried the "Kushi Dango Shoyu"
The result... I like it!

the texture was very chewy the sweetness just right (not super sweet), the flavor.. taste a bit like... hm... hard to describe.. But this means bad news for me.. now I have a new sweets to buy T_T.... Damn my sweet tooth

Next is the Daifuku......

Just ate the Daifuku, Yummy, its a red bean paste inside with a green tea flavor outside. Its not as sweet as Dango, but taste really good.

Overall I love both! (Oh no! T_T )

But for daily eat, probably I will go with Daifuku and for occasional I will get the Dango. Probably because dango is little messier to eat (I have a tendency to prefer a food that is easy to eat and not creating mess after eating it).

So thats how it goes.
Hm... I still got 2 sticks of dangos left... should I eat all of it or.....

Another UPDATE

Just ate the Daifuku Mochi Aka (Pink one)
It taste almost same with the green one but for some reason, I think this one a bit more sweet (is it only my imagination?) No strawberry flavor thoo (Pink means strawberry in my imagination) haha. I can't decide which one is better Aka or Kusa, but both are good. Here is the picture of
Daifuku Mochi Aka

No comments: